Dependent upon experience, £25,000 - £30,000.
As a member within the Marketing team, reporting into the Head of SEO, the Junior Technical SEO Executive will:
- Work with the Head of SEO and SEO Manager to test strategies across certain pages to see if they result in ranking improvements.
- Use their technical skills and a range of tools and systems to analyse websites, content, mark-up, links and more to spot opportunities, drive strategy and develop our technical roadmap alongside the rest of the SEO team.
- Manage the footprint of our sites, from improving internal linking, spotting missed opportunities, retiring old content, publishing sitemaps, prioritising valuable and removing wasteful content as needed.
- Ensure the code behind our websites is readable and usable for search engines, and delivers click- enticing content and snippets where we appear in search.
- Measure results and steer strategy for technical and other SEO and marketing efforts towards creating content, links, or paid traffic to maximise our exposure across all niches.
- Monitor competitor activities to comprehensively understand the sector landscape.
- Work on regular reporting of performance within current tracking and reporting structures.
We’re looking for somebody with a passion for consumer start-ups and data driven digital marketing with:
- At least 1 year of working directly in an SEO role for a travel or large e-commerce website.
- An ability to analyse data, with an attention to detail to spot opportunities.
- An ability to turn technical requirements of SEO into briefs for developers and creatives.
- An understanding of technical SEO fundamentals - sitemaps, robot.txt files, canonical tags, redirect management, and the importance of HTTPS.
- The desire to work hard with their work making a difference to a rapidly growing, exciting business.
- An ability to communicate clearly and collaborate as part of a small startup team.
- A drive and desire to get stuck in and be self-starting.
- The usual stuff like being able to use Google Docs and Sheets and write an email clearly without mixing up ‘they’re’ and ‘their’.
- The ability to work in person, from our office on the Southbank, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.