Generous. Based on experience. With scope for significant rises. Enquire for more details.
Working as part of Snaptrip’s product team, the frontend developer will:
- Work with our product and frontend team to drive improvements across 6 (and growing!) of our responsive websites and our affiliate site platform:
Last Minute Cottages
Dog Friendly Cottages
- You will primarily be writing clean, well-tested front end code across all sites and a range of projects, supporting our existing 2 frontend developers who will help you learn and develop.
- However whilst we want somebody to learn and build their knowledge and experience, we don’t want somebody who will simply be told what to do. We are looking for somebody who is passionate about our products and how your improvements will help the company grow.
- These could range from AB tests to improve conversion, to larger projects which help define our product strategy - we are an incredibly flexible company and your suggestions should also help shape our product roadmap.
- You will work within our frontend development team, contributing to what technologies we should be employing to ensure that our frontend offers a best in class user experience but is also technically efficient, sharing knowledge and learning from one another - don't worry if this is not something you'll be contributing on day one, but we want somebody who wants to learn, develop and contribute within a small team.
- Probably a few other things, we’re a startup after all!
We’re looking for somebody who is not only technically capable of writing strong code, but also cares about the user experience and fits in well in the work environment. If you’re more junior, you won't be expected to know everything but have enough knowledge to work within the team and progress both collaboratively and alone with instruction. You should have:
- A good knowledge and experience with our frontend technical stack - HTML5 (HAML will be a plus), CSS/SASS and JS (ES6 & a modern JS framework ideally as we use Vue.js and React regularly).
- A general understanding of how backend code (we use Ruby on Rails) interacts with the frontend stack (preferred but not essential).
- We're ideally looking for candidates with 1-2 years of commercial experience.
- Familiar with working with third party APIs (for payments, maps, etc just a basic understanding is enough here).
- An understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- Can write code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- Understanding of working with Sketch / Photoshop.
- A passion for building beautiful UI and UX.
- A dynamic personality and not be afraid to voice your opinion.
- Good collaborator and enjoy solving problems, working with our product designer or having technical discussions with colleagues.
- Experience in AB testing software such as Optimizely or Google Optimize is a bonus.
- The ability to work in person, from our office on the Southbank, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.