This position has now been filled.
Working as part of Snaptrip’s Product team, the front end developer will:
- Work with our Head of Product, Data Scientist and Frontend Developer to drive improvements across 6 (and growing!) of our responsive websites:
Last Minute Cottages
Dog Friendly Cottages
- You will primarily be writing clean, well-tested front end code across all sites however we don’t want somebody who will just be told what to do, we are looking for somebody who is passionate about our products and how your improvements will help the company grow.
- These could range from AB tests to improve conversion, to larger projects which help define our product strategy - we are an incredibly flexible company and your suggestions should also help shape our product roadmap.
- You will work with our other Frontend Developer as equals, to decide upon what technologies we should be employing to ensure that our front end offers a best in class user experience but is also technically efficient, sharing knowledge and learning from one another.
- Probably a few other things, we’re a startup after all!
We’re looking for somebody who is not only technically capable of writing great code, but also cares about the user experience and fits in well in the work environment. You should have:
- Strong knowledge and experience of our frontend technical stack - HTML5, HAML, SASS (BEM methodology) and JS (ES6 & Vue.js ideally but open to people who want to learn).
- A general understanding of how backend code (we use Ruby on Rails) interacts with the frontend stack (preferred but not essential).
- We want to talk to people of a range of experience levels but ideally the candidate would have 2+ years experience working for a consumer web company (again, we’re open here though).
- Familiar with working with third party APIs (for payments, maps, etc).
- An understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- Can write code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- Understanding of working with Sketch / Photoshop.
- A passion for building beautiful UI and UX.
- A dynamic personality and not be afraid to voice your opinion.
- Good collaborator and enjoy solving problems, working with our product designer or having technical discussions with colleagues.
- Experience in AB testing software such as Optimizely or Google Optimize is a bonus.